1. Do I love it?
2. Do I use it?
3. Is it genuinely useful?
4. How does it make me feel? Does it bring my energy up or does it bring my energy down?
5. Does it reflect who I am at this time in my life? Or does it represent who I used to be?
6. Does it reflect who I really am or does it represent the person I would like to imagine I am.
7. Is it paying its rent? It costs you money to keep clutter, is it paying you back in terms of how it makes you feel, it’s usability?
8. Gifts - Am I holding onto this because of guilt? How does this make me feel about the person who gave it to me?
9. What do I want to make space for in my life? Does this item support me in that?
10. Is holding onto this item more important that having the life I truly want?
Sometimes, asking the right question can make all the difference to how successful you are at letting go of clutter. Ask the questions and then really listen to the answer, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs to stay and what needs to go. Good luck!